Sr. Cobol / DB2 Programmer Tech Lead - Contract
- Torrance, CA
Our client is an industry leader in the Automotive industry. This company has an amazing company culture that is truly above and beyond its competitors. They are a true leader in their industry and continue to branch out into new areas to stay competitive.
This programmer will be supporting Decoupling and Interest rate Projects which will involve supporting major enhancements to allow the system to be driven at the unit level instead of the invoice level and to expand the interest rate to five digits beyond the decimal place. The resource will be performing the following tasks: Analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation, mainly in IBM Mainframe COBOL and Client Server VB .net.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- 8 to 10 years IT experience, project planning, project initiation, scoping, system requirements, design and system Architecture, testing, troubleshooting programs of various complexities, implementation
- Background in Financial and/or Accounting Systems required and Consumer Finance Systems desired.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of COBOL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, MQSeries, JCL, TSO, System Design Life Cycle, MS Office, Visio, ISPF, SDF II, Xpeditor, QMF, SPUFI, Stored Procedures
- Working knowledge of ASP.Net, VB. NET, SQL Server, HTML, XML, QualityCenter or similar testing tool and Client Server development experience, a plus.
- Must have the ability to write detailed design documents and programming specifications
- Must have the ability to identify, create and execute test cases
- Must have expeirence and a a good understanding of DB2 table structure/design skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Good team skills - the ability to work effectively with the all levels of the team as well as the business group.
- Flexible with working schedule as on call support for implementations and occasional overtime to meet project goals, may be required.