CCNA Network Administrator - W2 Contract Only
- Santa Ana, CA
Our client is one of the country’s leading Office Equipment companies, operating businesses in publishing, digital and broadcasting.
CCNA Network Administrator
We are looking for a strong CCNA Network Admin/Engineer to assist our client on 5 month contract assignment in Orange County, CA. This contractor will be responsible configuration, management and installation of network circuits, devices and services. The role requires reporting and process ownership based on ITIL standards utilizing ITIL change requests, incident and service request management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the SolarWinds Orion Performance and Application Monitoring System
- Coordinating projects to meet critical deadlines
- Producing network designs with quality detailed Visio drawings
- Upgrading, Maintaining and Troubleshooting Cisco / Brocade / Nortel Switches and Routers
- Supporting the Management of the Fiber network
- Supporting Cable Management, including pulling cable under raised floor.
- Maintaining the Environmental Monitoring (APC Netbotz) and APC UPS Devices including battery maintenance.
- Overseeing the quality and accuracy of network device inventory, configuration and asset management utilizing the CMDB (Configuration Management Data Base).
Required Skills and Expertise:
- 10 years of experience in Wide Area (WAN) and Local Area Networks (LAN).
- Experience working with the following hardware: Cisco and Brocade Routers/Switches, Aruba and Enterasys Wireless, APC UPS and Netbotz Environmental Appliances.
- Experience working with the following Network Protocols: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, Brocade VRF / VRRP, TCP, IP, ICMP, SNMP, PPP, MLPPP, Frame Relay
- Experience working with the following Network Technologies: Ethernet, VoIP, FTP, TFTP, DS3, T1, Dialup, Single and Multimode Fiber
- Security knowledge in the following areas: VLAN, VLAN Tagging, and Access Lists
- Experience working with the following applications: Microsoft Office 2010, 2007, Visio 2007, Outlook 2010, 2007, Internet Explorer, Telnet, SSH1 & SSH2, and RADIUS Server.
- Experience working with the following tools: Solar Winds ORION Application and Performance Monitoring, INMON SFlow, IXIA Chariot, Wild Packets OMNIPEEK, Wireshark, Ping, Trace, Cisco / Brocade Debug, and TACACS.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze technical data and develop concise solutions.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Proficient in identifying and resolving network problems relating to media, protocol, transport, and equipment related issues.
- Able to effectively communicate with senior management, technical staff, third-party vendors, as well as non-technical end users.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- IP Telephony (VoIP) experience is a plus.
- Wireless maintenance and implementation a plus
- CCNA certification and ITIL Foundation certification a plus
- Ability to read and analyze Sniffer Traces a plus
Contact: Eric Harrison - email@example.com