Application Architect - DMS Upgrade - W2 Contractors ONLY
- Torrance, CA
Our client is one of the most well known Automotive organizations nationwide.
DMS Upgrade Project
Location: Torrance, CA
1 year contract
The successful candidate is a seasoned professional with demonstrated leadership and experience in providing architecture strategy and roadmap for re-architecting / replacing applications for Enterprise Content Management systems.
The Application Architect will have a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technical knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common product requirements and business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. This role ensures the selected architecture fits existing, planned and external architectures, and carefully formulates designs through technological feasibility studies and efficient prototyping, while seeking to reduce architectural and project risks.
Application Architects are aligned with development management and are responsible for implementing software architectures that are consistent within a larger enterprise architecture. In that capacity, the Architect must be able to provide all levels of design needed for the solution (including infrastructure, application, and business), mentor and lead development teams, and occasionally participate in the development of technically challenging portions of the solution.
- Provide technical guidance and coordination for Document Management Solutions Upgrade project
- Plan for the implementation of new technologies and technology upgrades and consults with application development groups on strategies and architectures
- Guide and align cross-functional teams, system integrators and third-party vendors
- Optimize technical performance of infrastructure and application environments
- Approve technical and architecture design documents
- Provide guidance to for project to drive towards quality and industry best practices
- Stay abreast of emerging technology trends
- Consults with Technical Managers and Business Owners to identify and analyze technology needs and problems.
- Participates in group application design activities.
- Performs data flow diagramming and/or process modeling (code architecture).
- Design all aspects of components based on the specified platform (J2EE, .Net, etc) using practices and common patterns, including databases, component layers, user interfaces, web services, and integration patterns.
- Provide senior management with process and design recommendations.
- Communicate plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- 5+ years of Architect experience developing Client/Server and web application architectural solutions and proven success in re-architecting / replacing applications.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience in the development industry. Master's degree a plus.
- Experience developing enterprise solutions.
- SQL and/or Oracle database design and development, application and database tuning, performance and load testing.
- Excellent understanding of deployment strategies for distributed and multi-tiered applications.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies and OO development concepts.
- Strong communication skills within a team environment.
- The ability to grasp complex requirements and specifications, then break them down for the purpose of implementation.
- Creativity in problem solving.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently manage and prioritize tasks and the tasks of others.
- Advanced skills in creating process flow diagrams and flowcharts using Visio or similar charting tool.
Contact Eric Harrison - email@example.com