This Senior NW Engineer will work in conjunction with the US based Data Network Engineering team as part of the daily project day to day support strategy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing, configuring and installing WAN, MAN and LAN facilities that will be used as the transport of this service.
- Interacting with the customer and vendors to gather requirements, solutions to meet emerging business needs.
- Documenting those requirements and working with the team (customer, vendors, and internal engineers) to design, develop and oversee implementations that meet the custome requirements and maximize availability of those systems.
This is a 5 month contract to hire opportunity with an exceptional organization.
- College degree from accredited university (Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science preferred).
- Technical certification in Computer Science or related telecommunications field is also acceptable, and all work related experience will be considered as part of the requirement.
- This candidate must bring a passion for voice / data networking strategy along with the ability to work under corporate direction for a multi layered business organization.
- MUST HAVE 8+ years Data Network design and operational experience.
- Cisco CCIE written a must
- CCIE/VOIP preferred, with the ability to pass Lab in 12 months.
- Routing and Switching experience
- 3+ years of Voice Network experience
- Knowledge of data networking including TCIP, UDP, RTP OSPF, EGRT protocols.
- Hands on knowledge of Firewalls, Accelerators, SL VLA Routing and Switching at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of data networking including TCIP, UDP, RTP EIGRP, OSPF protocols.
- Proven experience with researching, recommending, and developing the implementation of new technology products.
- SLA Management experience.
- Ability to analyze, design and collaborate multiple layer network architectures.
- Knowledge of multiple networking protocols.
- Knowledge of protocol Analyzers.
- Data Network Capacity Planning experience.
- Network Management Systems knowledge.
- Experience working with Operational Monitoring tools knowledge including SNMPv2/v3.
- Product life cycle planning experience.
- Product solution management experience.
- Understanding of the IT Outsourcing environment
Required Soft Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of the financial aspects around service delivery
- Exceptional written and verbal skills including presentation skills
- Willingness and interest in embracing the benefits of new technologies
- Strong Time Management & Multitasking skills
- Confident ability to interface with internal and external customers
- Responsible self motivating
- Project Management skills
- Capable of managing customer expectations