Head of Human Resources
- San Francisco, CA
Looking for an exciting opportunity to provide gooey grilled cheese and heart-warming soup to foodies and non-foodies everywhere…
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, The Melt is simply "Grilled Cheese Happiness." Currently operating 15+ locations throughout California, this fast casual eatery combines chef inspired, all natural, wholesome food with innovative online ordering technology in an eco friendly environment. The growth of The Melt is fueled by a solid management team led by Flip Video founder Jonathan Kaplan and a top-tier board of directors including Ron Johnson, former head of retail operations at Apple; Mike Moritz and Bruce Dunlevie, two prominent silicon valley venture capitalists; and Michael Mina, a James Beard award winning chef and restaurateur. Visit www.melt.com for more information.
Join The Melt as our first Human Resources professional managing the establishment, promotion and implementation of human resources policies, programs, and best practices.
Develop/Implement Management Policies And Procedures. Recommend and implement policies, processes and procedures that hold the crew accountable for key business outcomes.
Protect The Company And The Brand. Ensure compliance of all labor laws, government regulations, and legislation. Resolve ER, EEO & W&H issues utilizing investigations to make sound business decisions.
Promote Corporate Values. Establish, document and maintain policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines that promote our corporate values.
Manage Benefits. Enhance and manage employee benefits programs.
Manage Employee Records. Maintain historical human resource records and key business indicators.
Employee Relations. Play a lead role in managing employee relations.
Recruit And Retain Employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 7- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in HR management.
- Experience working in a start-up and/or a fast growing organization with a large hourly employee base.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- Ability to interpret and advise on the application of EEO/AA laws.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong communication and negotiations skills.
- Must eat cheese.