Decision Support Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Looking for an exciting opportunity to provide gooey grilled cheese and heart-warming soup to foodies and non-foodies everywhere…then come join The Melt!
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, The Melt is simply "Grilled Cheese Happiness." Currently operating 15+ locations throughout California, this fast casual eatery combines chef inspired, all natural, wholesome food with innovative online ordering technology in an eco friendly environment. The growth of The Melt is fueled by a solid management team led by Flip Video founder Jonathan Kaplan and a top-tier board of directors including Ron Johnson, former head of retail operations at Apple; Mike Moritz and Bruce Dunlevie, two prominent silicon valley venture capitalists; and Michael Mina, a James Beard award winning chef and restaurateur. Visit www.melt.com for more information.
Join The Melt as a Decision Support Manager and develop reporting/analytics/insights that will enable effective business decisions. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Design, develop and implement routine reporting that addresses ongoing business questions.
- Support Marketing, Operations, Finance and Senior Management with reporting and analysis requests (provided their requests will result in and support effective decision-making).
- Identify business problems/issues and provide recommendations on how to solve those business problems/issues with well thought-out analyses.
- Communicate insights/findings to team members and management.
- Keep abreast of all existing data and data sources; work with Technology to “create” data needed for reporting/analysis if it does not currently exist.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Econometrics, Statistics, or Business and at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Experience in the design, development and maintenance of a scalable reporting foundation to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to sift through large amounts of data.
- Strong analytical, financial and organizational skills.
- Ability to be both detailed-oriented and strategic, i.e. have the ability to connect the dots and identify the big picture.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must eat cheese.