- San Francisco, CA
Looking for an exciting opportunity to provide gooey grilled cheese and heart-warming soup to foodies and non-foodies everywhere…then come join The Melt!
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, The Melt is simply "Grilled Cheese Happiness." Currently operating 15+ locations throughout California, this fast casual eatery combines chef inspired, all natural, wholesome food with innovative online ordering technology in an eco friendly environment. The growth of The Melt is fueled by a solid management team led by Flip Video founder Jonathan Kaplan and a top-tier board of directors including Ron Johnson, former head of retail operations at Apple; Mike Moritz and Bruce Dunlevie, two prominent silicon valley venture capitalists; and Michael Mina, a James Beard award winning chef and restaurateur. Visit www.melt.com for more information.
Join The Melt as a New Restaurant/Store Trainer and travel to our new restaurants training our new crew. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Identify, train, and build effective restaurant teams that have the ability to open new restaurants by a specific deadline.
- Conduct trainer observations and monitor trainer/trainee performance.
- Rigorously assess talent: provide constructive/actionable feedback and coaching.
- Provide meaningful development objectives by establishing goals for each shift.
- Provide continuous training and quality guidance to managers, restaurant teams, and the corporate office when needed.
- Assess and determine training needs, procedural updates, and trainee performances.
- Recognize contributions and achievements of new hires.
- Familiarize and train on all daily opening/closing procedures to new hires and permanent management crew.
- Consistently emphasize and enforce the importance of food cost control & labor costs.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 1-2 years of recent multi-unit restaurant management and/or restaurant training experience is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and a passion for teaching and development.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Experience with Aloha Point of Sale System is strongly recommended.
- Great operational planning and organization skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding service-orientated environment.
- Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high quality work.
- Must eat cheese.
EXTENSIVE TRAVEL REQUIRED.