Looking for an exciting opportunity to provide gooey grilled cheese and heart-warming soup to foodies and non-foodies everywhere…then come join The Melt!
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, The Melt is simply "Grilled Cheese Happiness." Currently operating 15+ locations throughout California, this fast casual eatery combines chef inspired, all natural, wholesome food with innovative online ordering technology in an eco friendly environment. The growth of The Melt is fueled by a solid management team led by Flip Video founder Jonathan Kaplan and a top-tier board of directors including Ron Johnson, former head of retail operations at Apple; Mike Moritz and Bruce Dunlevie, two prominent silicon valley venture capitalists; and Michael Mina, a James Beard award winning chef and restaurateur. Visit www.melt.com for more information.
Join The Melt as a Store Development Coordinator and help us smoothly build and open new restaurants and restaurant facilities.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist director and project managers in the preparation of contracts for consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Assist in the filing for and tracking of permit applications including building, local business and liquor licenses.
- Code and log all construction invoices and enter into project workbooks.
- Set-up new store utilities and services.
- Assist department with capital and special projects as needed.
- Track store key orders and fulfill supply as needed.
- Update internal partners on new store opening milestone dates.
- Prepare and send invitations to bid.
- Prepare bid comparison worksheets.
- Act as Administrator for on-line management tools.
- Add and train new users
- Maintain reporting tool
- Coordinate and monitor commitments of all pre-purchased materials and equipment.
- Associates degree in Business, Architecture, or Engineering preferred and at least 6 months of experience in Retail Store Development or Construction.
- General knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources in order to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must eat cheese.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.