Supply Chain Coordinator CONTRACT
- San Francisco, CA
Looking for an exciting opportunity to provide gooey grilled cheese and heart-warming soup to foodies and non-foodies everywhere…
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, The Melt is simply "Grilled Cheese Happiness." Currently operating 15+ locations throughout California, this fast casual eatery combines chef inspired, all natural, wholesome food with innovative online ordering technology in an eco friendly environment. The growth of The Melt is fueled by a solid management team led by Flip Video founder Jonathan Kaplan and a top-tier board of directors including Ron Johnson, former head of retail operations at Apple; Mike Moritz and Bruce Dunlevie, two prominent silicon valley venture capitalists; and Michael Mina, a James Beard award winning chef and restaurateur. Visit www.melt.com for more information.
Join The Melt as a contract coordinator on our Supply Chain team and assist with every aspect of getting our products (grilled cheese, soup, beverage, deserts) to our customers across the nation. This role will report to our Senior Manager of Supply Chain.
We are interested in hiring a hands-on Supply Chain Coordinator for a 3 month initial contract to optimize all the steps required to produce the right amount of our product and deliver it to our customers when and where they want it.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist with sourcing projects for food, packaging, and employee uniforms by identifying new suppliers and obtaining samples that meet documented specs.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets analyzing cost of goods, profitability, inventory, waste, etc.
- Assist with documenting, executing, and maintaining the logistics and distribution plan.
- Manage inventory levels by placing orders, communicating with vendors, and ensuring timely deliveries and order accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Prior experience with retail math and/or vendor communication is a plus.
- Strong prioritization and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Must eat cheese.