Payroll / AP Supervisor
- San Francisco, CA
Looking for an exciting opportunity to provide gooey grilled cheese and heart-warming soup to foodies and non-foodies everywhere…come join The Melt
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, The Melt is simply "Grilled Cheese Happiness." Currently operating 15+ locations throughout California, this fast casual eatery combines chef inspired, all natural, wholesome food with innovative online ordering technology in an eco friendly environment. The growth of The Melt is fueled by a solid management team led by Flip Video founder Jonathan Kaplan and a top-tier board of directors including Ron Johnson, former head of retail operations at Apple; Mike Moritz and Bruce Dunlevie, two prominent silicon valley venture capitalists; and Michael Mina, a James Beard award winning chef and restaurateur. Visit www.melt.com for more information.
Join The Melt as our first disbursements supervisor responsible for ensuring best practices in payroll and accounts payable in a fast-growing environment.
- Continuously improve accounts payable processes and procedures. Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of procedures. Document accounts payable manual.
- Process invoices. Ensure accuracy in coding and processing.
- Manage projects to streamline processes. Develop processing of store invoices using EDI.
- Set-up new vendors in accordance with policies. Prepare annual 1099 reporting.
- Month-end expense analysis and accrual review.
- Payroll processing. Work with human resources and managers to improve payroll processes and ensure all employees are paid accurately and timely and in compliance with regulations.
- General accounting projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working in a start-up and/or a fast growing organization with a large hourly employee base.
- Minimum 2 years of experience processing accounts payable and 2 years payroll.
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable and payroll systems.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- Strong communication and negotiations skills.
- Must eat cheese.
Check us out at www.melt.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.