Are you are a Restaurant/Store Manager who thrives on making people happy and leads by being Committed, Responsible, Empowered and Welcoming? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you here at The Melt.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, THE MELT is simply "Grilled Cheese Happiness™." Currently operating 23 locations throughout California, this fast casual eatery combines chef-inspired, all-natural, wholesome food with innovative online ordering technology in an eco-friendly environment. The growth of THE MELT is fueled by a solid management team led by Flip Video founder Jonathan Kaplan and a top-tier board of directors including Ron Johnson, former head of retail operations at Apple; Mike Moritz, Bruce Dunlevie and Michael Marks, three prominent silicon valley venture capitalists; and Michael Mina, a James Beard award winning chef and restaurateur. Visit melt.com for more information.
The Store Manager is responsible for running a smooth operation and is responsible for managing costs, sales building, training, and leading and empowering a great team to have a successful store.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Operations: Operate within the guidelines of our corporate values -- Transparent, Honest, Enthusiastic, Committed, Responsible, Empowered and Welcoming.
- Compliance: Manage the restaurant to The Melt's standards at all times including Food Quality, Cleanliness, Organization and Service.
- Training: Interview, hire, train and continue to develop Crew members and ensure that The Melt's Policy and Procedures are understood and followed through Performance Coaching and Follow Up.
- Leadership: Create a positive, team environment by promoting high morale and encouraging full Crew involvement; develop Crew members.
- Must be 18 to apply.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a managerial position in a restaurant, deli, café, fast food, coffee, food service, retail or customer service environment.
- Must be available to work 20 - 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to read and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- ServSafe certification prior to start.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to learn quickly and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must eat cheese!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.