Food Truck Shift Supervisor at The Melt
- Los Angeles, CA
The Melt is simply "Grilled Cheese Happiness™." This fast casual eatery combines chef-inspired, all-natural, wholesome food with innovative online ordering technology in an eco-friendly environment.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California and operates 15 restaurants and 4 buses. The growth of The Melt is fueled by a solid management team led by Flip Video founder Jonathan Kaplan, a top-tier Board of Directors, three prominent Silicon Valley venture capitalists, and Michael Mina, a James Beard award winning chef and restaurateur.
Our core values are the backbone of decision making at The Melt. These values are:
If you exemplify THE CREW values in your every day actions and you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to spread ooey, gooey grilled cheese happiness then The Melt is for you.
The Bus Shift Supervisor is a “key holder” who contributes to our success by running an efficient, organized shift and both opening and closing the restaurant. This position reports to the Store Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead Store Operations: Leads and directs crew operations, organizes opening and closing duties, ensures speed of service, upholds cleanliness standards, and ensures operational needs are met.
- Ensure Compliance: Follows operational procedures, including cash handling, safety and security throughout the shift. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Provide Feedback: Provides feedback before, during and after the shift for Crew members and Store Manager.
- Lead Crew: Maintains a calm exterior at all times and set a positive example for shift team. Recognized and reinforces individual and team accomplishments. Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Must be 21 to apply.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must have at least 1 year of management experience in a restaurant, deli, café, fast food, food trucks, coffee or retail environment.
- Must be available to work 20 - 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to read and communicate in English.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- ServSafe certification prior to start.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to learn quickly and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must eat cheese!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.