Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (R & A) Technician
- Lagos, Nigeria
The Place - We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are presently into restaurants, hotel, and nightclubbing. We are opening new outlets in Lagos and looking for high-flying individual who shares the values of hard work, commitment and integrity and places high premium on personal development and career growth.
- Conduct regular routine inspection of all company’s R & A equipment to drive the proactive identification of potential faults and stop them before failure;
- Answer questions as to operation, features and functions of the company’s R & A equipment;
- Service, repair and/or propose replacement of ACs, Chillers, Freezers and other refrigeration equipment;
- Complete other duties assigned;
- Identify or receive faults and analyse to identify root cause and resolve on R & A equipment;
- Escalate issues to coordinator/vendor as required;
- Ensure issues are properly logged and closed according to company’s policy;
- Carry out and train others in carrying out preventive/proactive maintenance on R & A equipment;
- Monitor usage of equipment to ensure they are properly handled;
- Perform required documentations for each call, recording recommendations, repairs, accurate readings and observations;
- Ensure all company’s R & A equipment are maintained to the highest standard;
- Follow up escalated issues to ensure resolution and closure;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of daily reports;
- Provide feedback on Vendor/service providers as required to help in their evaluation;
- Propose/suggest ideas and recommendation on operations, equipment, preventive maintenance and spares management;
- Support in preparation of equipment maintenance schedule and manuals;
- Training and developing self;
- Carry out any other maintenance job assigned to him by his supervisor;
- Contribute actively at team meetings and departmental initiatives.
- Trade Test 1 to 3 certificate with over 10 years hand-on experience in R & A or OND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with over 7 years hands-on experience in R & A;
- Must be able to troubleshoot, adapt and resolve/repair all issues that arise that would keep our R & A equipment from functioning properly;
- Must be able to service and startup R & A equipment, and adjust to the manufacturer and job specification;
- Must be computer – literate;
- Must be organized and should be able to work under pressure;
- Must be passionate about preventive maintenance;
- Must be able to communicate both horizontally and vertically;
- Must be result-oriented
- With have high level of integrity
- Must be a team player.
Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.