- 1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
About The Rock Creek Group:
Rock Creek is a leading global investment firm that applies cutting-edge technology and innovation to investments. We strive to generate returns and be at the forefront of change through public and private market investments in developed, emerging and frontier markets.
Our team has extensive training and experience across investing portfolio construction, risk management, compliance, trading, operations, information systems, mathematics, physics, law, finance and economics. We come from all over the world, and we are proud of our diversity in race, gender, culture, and life experience. We share a deep conviction that experienced energetic, and principled professionals can achieve outstanding results.
We strongly value openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. Many of our colleagues have been CIOs, investment team professionals, and board and investment committee members of foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. We are all keenly sensitive to the complexities and needs of institutional investors and to the importance of accountability, responsibility, and governance.
The Role in Brief:
The Rock Creek Group is seeking an analyst to work with our reporting and analytics team. This team is responsible for reporting and analysis of information from multiple databases across the firm’s systems for investment research, risk management, client service, finance/operations, and legal/compliance.
- Work independently to gather, analyze, and report information from the firm’s databases, and other data sources.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports using SQL, Tableau, VBA, SSRS and/or other programming languages such as Matlab, R, Java, HTML, and Python.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and reports for internal and external (auditors, clients, regulatory agencies, consultants, etc.) use by running queries and creating reports.
- Work on projects and collaborate with different teams in developing new report building tools and both static and interactive reports with text and visualizations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role in an investment or finance firm
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL, VBA, SSRS and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with computer systems and programming languages such as Matlab, R, Java, HTML, and Python.
- Strong quantitative research analysis skills
- Experience with data analysis tools like Tableau
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy
- Ability to respond flexibly according to the needs of the business
- Self‐motivated, independent, and proactive, with a pronounced ability to work through complicated problems.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly cross‐functional environment.
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, The Rock Creek Group offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave and company holidays
- Wellness programs including an onsite gym and meditation program
- Healthy snacks and beverages