Institutional Asset Management/Counsel
- 1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
About The Rock Creek Group:
Rock Creek is a leading global investment firm that applies cutting-edge technology and innovation to investments. We strive to generate returns and be at the forefront of change through public and private market investments in developed, emerging and frontier markets.
Our team has extensive training and experience across investing portfolio construction, risk management, compliance, trading, operations, information systems, mathematics, physics, law, finance and economics. We come from all over the world, and we are proud of our diversity in race, gender, culture, and life experience. We share a deep conviction that experienced energetic, and principled professionals can achieve outstanding results.
We strongly value openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. Many of our colleagues have been CIOs, investment team professionals, and board and investment committee members of foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. We are all keenly sensitive to the complexities and needs of institutional investors and to the importance of accountability, responsibility, and governance.
Rock Creek is seeking to hire a private funds/asset management attorney in Washington, D.C. in connection with a wide range of portfolios for institutional client investments, including vehicle structuring, working closely with operations, investment professionals and other business areas. Responsibilities include negotiation of investment management agreements and structuring of separate accounts.
The candidate will be closely involved in:
- Structuring investments and implementation of investments
- Direct communications with clients and investors
- Structuring private funds and separate accounts
- Negotiation of investment management agreements with a variety of institutional clients
- Coordination of fund investments, subscriptions, redemption across a suite of funds and portfolios.
- Documentation related to internal policies and procedures
- Working closely with compliance team
- Updating fund disclosure in coordination with outside counsel
Skills required (essential):
- A professional who has the drive for results, experience and judgement to be a trusted adviser and who will strive to achieve commercially effective results
- 3-6 years of private fund experience with a registered US investment manager / a US law firm
- Extensive experience in the following areas:
- Structuring of private investment funds (hedge fund experience preferred)
- Negotiation of investment management agreements.
- Strong substantive knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act
- Law degree with US bar admission
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong management, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work with teams
- Ability to work independently
Competitive compensation and benefits are offered. Future opportunities are limited only by the successful candidate’s capacity to contribute to the growth and success of the company.
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, The Rock Creek Group offers a competitive benefits package.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.