- 1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
About The Rock Creek Group:
Rock Creek is a leading global investment firm that applies cutting-edge technology and innovation to investments. We strive to generate returns and be at the forefront of change through public and private market investments in developed, emerging and frontier markets.
Our team has extensive training and experience across investing portfolio construction, risk management, compliance, trading, operations, information systems, mathematics, physics, law, finance and economics. We come from all over the world, and we are proud of our diversity in race, gender, culture, and life experience. We share a deep conviction that experienced energetic, and principled professionals can achieve outstanding results.
We strongly value openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. Many of our colleagues have been CIOs, investment team professionals, and board and investment committee members of foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. We are all keenly sensitive to the complexities and needs of institutional investors and to the importance of accountability, responsibility, and governance.
The Rock Creek Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This high energy individual will provide administrative support.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Create internal and external presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint presentation software
• Prepare and edit documents
• Coordinate internal and external multi-participant meetings using Microsoft Outlook
• Prepare calendar entries / organize calendars
• Arrange travel including air, ground, transportation and hotel; develop itineraries and trip preparation materials (contact information, addresses, directions, meeting materials, etc.)
• Handle phones and messages / respond to messages
• Complete expense reports including receipt collection and form completion
• Scan, copy and file documents as requested
• Assist with the ordering and setting up of team and guest meals
• Assist with cleaning and organizing common areas including meeting rooms, kitchens, work rooms and specified offices
• Provide reception desk coverage as requested
• Ad hoc projects and requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience providing administrative support in a professional environment
- Demonstrated expertise using the Microsoft Office suite; strong PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel skills necessary.
- Ability to work from 9 am to 6 pm daily and to work overtime as needed
- Proven ability to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy and thoroughness
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and demands; willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Proven record of accountability and ownership of work
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Discretion with sensitive material and communications
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, The Rock Creek Group offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave and company holidays
- Wellness programs including an onsite gym and meditation program
- Healthy snacks and beverages