Junior DevOps Engineer
- Onsite or Remote, Washington, DC, us
RockCreek is a leading global investment firm that applies cutting-edge technology and innovation to investments. We strive to generate returns and be at the forefront of change through public and private market investments in developed, emerging and frontier markets. Our talented team embodies a culture of curiosity, debate and a relentless drive to excel. While our core competency is investment, we value our technology as a key part of our service offerings. We prioritize providing our team and our clients best-of-breed applications and APIs to view and manage funds and portfolios across our broad range of investment offerings.
RockCreek is looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer in support of a growing set of cloud-based tools and applications. This position offers an opportunity to contribute immediately to a growing engineering team while still offering opportunities to grow and be mentored by experienced cloud engineers. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and proactive in asking questions and working on outstanding projects.
Although travel is not expected to be frequent, the Junior DevOps Engineer should, if not located in the Washington, D.C. area, meet with the team for in-person planning and work sessions.
- Previous experience operating and troubleshooting AWS environments, especially ones that host web and multi-tier applications
- Experience with the following AWS services:
- RDS (preferably PostgreSQL and SQL Server)
- CloudFormation templates
- Bash (or equivalent) shell scripting
- High proficiency in written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of AWS reference architectures, particularly in the context of:
- API Gateway
- Lambda functions and triggers from other AWS managed services
- Application development in an Agile environment, with daily standups and ticketing
- AWS and/or Google Cloud certifications (especially the Certified Solutions Architect track in AWS)
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry
The RockCreek Environment
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with members of all of our teams; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to design and engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.