- Onsite or Remote, Washington, DC, us
RockCreek is a leading global investment firm that applies cutting-edge technology and innovation to investments. We strive to generate returns and be at the forefront of change through public and private market investments in developed, emerging and frontier markets. Our talented team embodies a culture of curiosity, debate and a relentless drive to excel. While our core competency is investment, we value our technology as a key part of our service offerings. We prioritize providing our team and our clients best-of-breed applications and APIs to view and manage funds and portfolios across our broad range of investment offerings.
RockCreek is looking for a UI/UX Designer to provide a meaningful connection between our internal and external application users and the applications and APIs that we are building. This role will frequently communicate with users and stakeholders of various applications, shadow their usage, construct workflows representing this usage, and deliver these as stories and wireframes to the RockCreek development team. The successful UI/UX Designer should:
- Enjoy working independently as well as communicating frequently with the engineering team and application users
- Model user’s behavior with wireframes and mockups using creative and modern best practices and design patterns
- Engage in all aspects of design and engineering, following mockups through to implementation and deployment
The UI/UX Engineer is a key role that will have enormous latitude and influence over RockCreek’s future applications. This position will also serve as a user representative and left-hand to the VP of Engineering. Although travel is not expected to be frequent, the UI/UX Designer should be able to occasionally meet onsite with clients and, if not located in the Washington, D.C. area, meet with the team for in-person planning sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or similar, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 years experience as an interaction or UX designer
- Understanding of user-centered design methods, including portfolio of sites you have designed or co-designed that demonstrate attention to user workflows in addition to static design
- Fluency in best practice for information architecture and design
- Experience with Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Past application development using React and/or Vue.js, preferably in the context of single-page applications
- Practical experience performing user studies or documenting user workflows for implementation in web applications
- AWS or Google Cloud experience
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry
The RockCreek Environment
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with members of all of our teams; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to design and engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.