Technical Project Manager
- Onsite or Remote, Washington, DC, us
RockCreek is a leading global investment firm that applies cutting-edge technology and innovation to investments. We strive to generate returns and be at the forefront of change through public and private market investments in developed, emerging and frontier markets. Our talented team embodies a culture of curiosity, debate and a relentless drive to excel. While our core competency is investment, we value our technology as a key part of our service offerings. We prioritize providing our team and our clients best-of-breed applications and APIs to view and manage funds and portfolios across our broad range of investment offerings.
RockCreek is looking for a Project Manager to lead in the planning, tracking, and execution of ongoing software development and infrastructure efforts. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience with Agile project management and will oversee daily Scrum-style meetings. The Project Manager will coordinate the activities of one and at times two engineering teams’ projects, and should:
- Capture and document requirements as epics and user stories
- Manage daily progress through standups and Agile tracking software (Pivotal and Jira)
- Construct and maintain burndown charts reflecting actual and projected milestone and project completion
The Project Manager should also be prepared to engage with members of the RockCreek team to understand and remove blockers to the engineering team, and report and partner with the VP of Engineering to ensure forward progress on open work. Although travel is not expected to be frequent, the Project Manager should be able to occasionally meet onsite with clients and, if not located in Washington, D.C. area, meet with the team for in-person planning sessions.
- 3+ years of Agile project management, specifically in daily standups, burndown reporting, user story development, and sprint ceremonies (especially sprint retrospectives)
- Proven ability to manage small teams (3-6) with minimal supervision
- Experience in capturing, documenting, and refining requirements received directly from project stakeholders, including those who do not have strong technical skills
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and documentation skills
- Experience with Jira or Pivotal Tracker, including estimation and reporting tools
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience administrating Jira software, including user management, permissions, and customer versus team visibility
- Experience in project management of teams working in AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure cloud environments
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry
- Project management accreditation (PMI, SAFe, Scrum Alliance, etc.)
The RockCreek Environment
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with members of all of our teams; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to design and engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.