- Onsite or Remote, Washington, DC, us
RockCreek is a leading global investment firm that applies cutting-edge technology and innovation to investments. We strive to generate returns and be at the forefront of change through public and private market investments in developed, emerging and frontier markets. Our talented team embodies a culture of curiosity, debate and a relentless drive to excel. While our core competency is investment, we value our technology as a key part of our service offerings. We prioritize providing our team and our clients best-of-breed applications and APIs to view and manage funds and portfolios across our broad range of investment offerings.
RockCreek is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to focus on the applications and tools that provide our users access to the large RockCreek data store. This role has the opportunity to define much of the future of RockCreek’s front-end application architecture, as well as the ways in which our applications are built. This role will also frequently communicate with users and stakeholders of various applications, work with our UI/UX designer to construct workflows representing this usage, and then deliver these workflows as operational code. The successful Full-Stack Engineer should:
- Enjoy working independently as well as communicating frequently with the engineering team and application users
- Produce code and shape decisions based upon personal experience and informed by industry best practice
- Engage in all aspects of design and engineering, following designer-supplied wireframes, HTML, and CSS through to implementation and deployment
The Full-Stack Engineer will be the key implementor of RockCreek applications, especially as it relates to user interaction with our data store. This role will have significant influence over the technology choices and patterns for the front and middle tiers of our architecture. Although travel is not expected to be frequent, the Full-Stack Engineer should be able to occasionally meet onsite with clients and, if not located in the Washington, D.C. area, meet with the team for in-person planning sessions.
- Previous experience writing production-ready and performant React-based front-ends and single-page applications, ideally interacting with RESTful APIs and Node.js
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, software engineering, or similar, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 years experience as a front-end or full-stack engineer
- Experience with AWS, ideally using containers and deploying via continuous integration and continuous deployment tools
- Experience with Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Practical experience interacting with end users and documenting their workflows for implementation in web applications
- Practical experience with any of the following technologies and services:
o AWS Step Functions
o Amazon Athena
o Amazon Redshift
- AWS or Google Cloud certification (especially the Certified Solutions Architect track in AWS)
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry
The RockCreek Environment
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with members of all of our teams; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to design and engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.