- Onsite, Washington, DC, us
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to investing. Its portfolio managers invest in emerging markets and alternatives, and its asset allocation teams invest in multi-asset class and outsourced CIO portfolios and customized solutions. RockCreek’s client base is made up of sophisticated institutional investors, including endowments, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. The firm is highly focused on the integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors and sustainable impact across portfolios to generate long-term returns. RockCreek has a culture of diversity, debate and relentless drive to excel.
RockCreek offers a unique perspective into the world of finance and investing, facilitating learning and growth. Work side-by-side with thought leaders to overcome today’s investment challenges.
RockCreek is looking for graduate and undergraduate students interested in the world of finance. We offer a hands-on experience and a flat, tight-knit team environment. Doors are always open for you to ask questions and explore opportunities. Successful candidates are entrepreneurial and capable of working well under pressure. As a RockCreek Summer Analyst, you will:
- Work with a diverse team to overcome challenges at an institutional asset management firm
- Receive personalized mentorship from senior partners and analysts at RockCreek
- Apply critical thinking and solid communications skills to analyze investment opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Train on Bloomberg Terminals, up your Excel game, and gain technical expertise
- Immerse yourself in global markets and macroeconomic news flows to identify the next big thing
What we’re looking for from Summer Analyst candidates:
- A strong academic record with a well-rounded set of extra-curricular activities and experiences
- An interest in investing, financial markets, global economics, and geopolitics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A positive, team-oriented approach to analytical projects and problem solving generally
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- A familiarity with the principles of computer science – including coding, programming and visualization – is a strong plus
Commitment to Diversity:
As one of the largest female- and minority-owned asset managers globally, RockCreek values diversity and inclusion across our firm. In addition to serving as a leading allocator to women-owned and diverse investment managers, RockCreek pushes the industry forward by recruiting team members from all backgrounds. Students from diverse backgrounds represented more than half of RockCreek’s 2018 Summer Analyst Program. We look to welcome and support new team members across different immigration and socio-economic experiences.
Emphasis on Education:
RockCreek sees the value in education not just as an investor, but also as a member of the Washington, D.C., community. RockCreek partners with RISE-DC (Resources to Inspire Students and Educators), a local non-profit that helps low-income youth in Washington, D.C., achieve academic and career success. RISE students are welcomed into the Summer Analyst program annually and maintain mentorship relationships after the program’s completion.
Want to learn more about RockCreek’s Summer Analyst Program? Visit our website: