- 1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing. Its portfolio managers invest in emerging markets and alternatives, and its asset allocation teams invest in multi-asset class and outsourced CIO portfolios and customized solutions. RockCreek’s client base is made up of sophisticated institutional investors, including endowments, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. The firm is highly focused on the integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors and sustainable impact across portfolios to generate long-term returns. RockCreek has a culture of diversity, debate and relentless drive to excel.
RockCreek is looking for an Operations/Accounting Analyst to join its Accounting and Operations team. The Operations/Accounting Analyst will assist in maintaining the books and records of the firm’s funds and separate accounts. The Operations/Accounting Analyst will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of portfolio valuations, performance reports, and investment transactions. You will work with a highly experienced and talented team with deep knowledge in hedge funds, emerging markets and multi-asset class portfolios. Duties will include:
- Ensure accuracy and proper accounting treatment of investment activities including valuation/pricing, subscriptions and redemptions, commitments, payments to/from underlying funds, accounts receivable/payable, distributions, equalization, cost reconciliation, realized and unrealized gain/loss, corporate actions, and other activities
- Trade support for traders including trading matching and trade settlements
- Responsible for resolving and/or escalating daily issues around trade settlement, cash flows and data for hedge fund of funds, direct trading portfolios, private equity and real estate investments
- Review bank statements to reconcile cash activities and receivables/payables daily
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliation of positions, cash, and valuation with third-party administrators and custodians
- Verify accounting treatment of investor activities including contributions and withdrawals, calculation of asset-based fees and expenses, allocation of income/loss and expenses, calculation of performance fees, NAV computation, and series accounting
- Calculate fund performance and other statistics, such as total return, IRR and other financial data
- Monitor and verify the liquidity and cash availability of portfolio investments across all portfolios
- Experience in finance and accounting with specialized knowledge and experience of hedge funds accounting, emerging markets and private equity.
- Programming skills and knowledge of information databases are desired competencies
- Familiarity with investment portfolio accounting software such as Cogency or any similar investment accounting software
- Familiarity with trading matching and wire payment software such as Omgeo and SWIFT
- Ability to apply good judgment specifically as it relates to identifying issues in a timely manner, good problem-solving skills and prioritization of workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude, good work ethics, willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed, and take a proactive approach to ensure the success of the team.
- Great interpersonal skills to interact well with co-workers, external clients and third-party service providers.
- Ability to work capably under time constraints with limited supervision, effectively multi-task and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting
- Professional certification: CPA/CFA is a plus
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing.
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, RockCreek offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave and company holidays
- Wellness programs including an onsite gym and meditation program
- Healthy snacks and beverages