Senior Infrastructure Operations Administrator
- 1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing. Its portfolio managers invest in emerging markets and alternatives, and its asset allocation teams invest in multi-asset class and outsourced CIO portfolios and customized solutions. RockCreek’s client base is made up of sophisticated institutional investors, including endowments, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. The firm is highly focused on the integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors and sustainable impact across portfolios to generate long-term returns. RockCreek has a culture of diversity, debate and relentless drive to excel.
While our core competency is investment, we value our technology as a key part of our service offerings. We are committed to best-of-breed applications, automation, and solutions for managing funds and portfolios across our broad range of investment offerings.
RockCreek is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Operations Administrator to help lead the Information Technology team and support our diverse and talented staff in offices around the globe. The Senior Infrastructure Operations Administrator provides platform and operational support to a large and diverse set of applications, both SaaS and custom developed. As a key leader in our organization, experience and leadership is expected in cloud hosting–specifically Amazon Web Services–and in interacting with our internal development team, third party partners, and our staff at large.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Hands-on, proven experience managing multi-account Amazon Web Service environments, including AWS services and resources such as EC2 instances, load balancers, auto scaling groups, Route 53 for DNS, and Lambda.
- Experience managing a 70+ seat Office 365 environment, including email, OneDrive for Business Teams, and the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot network, hardware, and software issues in both local and remote offices
- Multi-year experience working with routers, switches, and firewalls, ideally Cisco-branded.
- Familiarity with multi-room, multi-floor, and multi-location audio and video conference setup and support
- Experience and preference for software-based provisioning of computers, and a strategy for handling large volumes of ongoing requests
In a Senior Infrastructure Operations Administrator, we're looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in information technology support and implementation
- Knowledge of cloud based architecture concepts (i.e. AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Comfort with a mixed Windows/OS X environment
- Experience in Active Directory administration and IAM management
- Basic networking knowledge including SDN, router management, and WAN design
- Knowledge of disaster recovery preparation and implementation strategies
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, and customer service skills
- Team Player, multi-tasker, great attitude
- Available to support a 24x7 production environment
- Experience in working in a financial firm a plus
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with members of all of our teams; Information Technology is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business, and creatively looking to enhance RockCreek's service offerings.
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, RockCreek offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave and company holidays
- Wellness programs including an onsite gym and meditation program
- Healthy snacks and beverages