Senior Fund Accountant
- 1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing to generate long-term value. We believe sustainability and inclusion generate superior performance. We have stable and long-term partnerships with our clients and companies and attract the best mission-oriented team. Sustainable investing extends throughout our investments, our diverse team and culture, our office environment, operations, and travel.
RockCreek is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant to:
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliation of positions, cash, and valuation with third-party fund administrators and custodians
- Calculate daily and monthly investment portfolio performance using accounting systems and service provider data
- Ensure accuracy and proper accounting treatment of investment activities including, but not limited to:
- Valuations and pricing
- Subscriptions and redemptions
- Private investment commitments
- Payments to and from underlying funds
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Cost reconciliation
- Realized and unrealized gain/loss
- Corporate actions
- Verify accounting treatment of investor activities including contributions and withdrawals, calculation of asset-based fees and expenses, allocation of income/loss and expenses, calculation of performance fees, NAV computation, and series accounting
- Oversee annual audits of the portfolios including the preparation and review of financial statements with third-party fund administrators, working with independent auditors, preparing audit confirmation requests, and other audit related tasks
- Review and approve tax filings such as K1’s, annual tax returns, and FATCA
- Knowledge of pricing and valuation of liquid and illiquid securities, including equities, futures, forwards, other derivatives and private investments
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP for investment funds/portfolios
- Experience in maintaining trial balance and general ledger entries related to investment portfolio accounting
- Experience with accounting software for investment portfolios such as Cogency, Geneva, Investran, Eze PMS, etc.
- A team player with a positive attitude and good work ethic
- Eager to come to work and maintain appropriate professional relationships with co-workers across the firm, external clients, and third-party service providers
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Relevant work experience at an asset manager, administrator, or public accounting firm
- Professional certifications, CPA/CFA
This position is located at RockCreek’s main office in Washington, DC. Travel is not expected to be frequent, but may include occasional conference attendance, on-site vendor visits or in-person meetings at our New York office.
The RockCreek Environment
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with team members in finance, client services and operations; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, RockCreek offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave and company holidays
- Wellness programs including an onsite gym and meditation program
- Healthy snacks and beverages