Software Product Engineering Lead
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Nat eScience Infrastructure
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55564108
NeSI grows the computing capability of New Zealand’s researchers, for our future prosperity. Every day, we support researchers in solving demanding research problems. We are a small team who tackle advanced computing and data technologies to power research. New Zealand eScience Infrastructure (https://www.nesi.org.nz/) is a high-performance computing and data platform for researchers across New Zealand. NeSI offers a unique and creative environment, addressing demanding technology challenges to power research.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We have a great opportunity in product development and integration, to support and lead key aspects of our evolution and growth. As Software Product Engineering Lead, you work alongside others in agile product management, science engagement and platform operations. Together, you are responsible for understanding stakeholders, customers, and users, and delivering development of our service and business strategies into operations by the wider team. You will be working within a small multi-product team located across NZ, sitting within our head office at the University of Auckland.
Key responsibilities include:
- Service experience and customer needs analysis.
- Grow and reinforce adaptive work practices, lift team member confidence, and improve the quality and impact of team contributions.
- Team leadership and development, and support for other teams and stakeholders.
- Product design, architecture, solution development, and delivery to production and support teams.
For more information on the role, please view the position description.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Our ideal candidate will have experience leading in a technical or product ownership role in a multi-product development setting, with team members contributing to both development and operational support of in-house and externally developed services. You'll see yourself as a partner with product managers and other stakeholders, translating priorities to the development team and enabling data-driven product management. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate many of the following:
- Positive and empathetic posture, with an open and flexible mindset.
- Initiative in facilitating external and internal group work and consultation activities.
- Effective at working iteratively and with feedback loops with stakeholders.
- Hands-on role contributing to key development goals, while maintaining flexibility to step back up to high level and communicate simply and clearly across the whole team and with end users.
- Have a strong sense of when to buy, adopt, or build.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work-life balance through:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- 37.5 hours working week
- Flexible employment practices
- Additional parental leave payments
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking and various leisure and recreation services.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Monday 21st February 2022 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University of Auckland is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of our staff and students. All students, staff and visitors need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, or medically exempt, in order to come onto our campuses or to take part in face-to-face University-managed activities. Therefore, we are only able to consider applicants who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have a New Zealand Ministry of Health issued medical exemption and evidence of this will be requested as part of your employment. You can read more about the University’s vaccination policy here.
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for seven days on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an offshore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz