Women in Engineering Advisor
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Student Development and Engagement
- Advert Closing Date: 17/11/2019
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55560005
Faculty of Engineering - Student Development and Engagement
About the role
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the Engineering Faculty to lead the development and implementation of strategies to increase and enhance recruitment, retention, success and employment of women students in Engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering is committed to creating an environment where people thrive and contribute to improving the quality of life in national and global communities through excellence in teaching, research and service. This is an exciting time to join the Engineering department as we grow as a faculty and expand the scope of our teaching and learning.
Reporting into the Student Development and Engagement Manager, you will support the faculty to achieve Equity plans in relation to women.
There are three main facets to this position which include:
- Supporting the recruitment of women into Engineering. This includes promoting Engineering within secondary schools, and organisation of on campus recruitment events.
- Providing support to current women engineering students, through establishing and supporting various initiatives to increase retention and success of women students.
- Lead the development of strategies to increase recruitment, retention and success of women in engineering. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders across the education and engineering sectors.
Our ideal candidate
Our successful candidate will have experience leading and delivering STEM education projects at scale, be passionate about growing the Women in Engineering space and demonstrate high levels of interpersonal skills with an emphasis on relationship management, advocacy and negotiation.
In addition, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, relevant tertiary education or relevant experience
- Experience in the secondary or tertiary sector is preferable
- In-depth knowledge of gender equity issues
- Excellent customer services skills
- An ability to build relationships with a diverse range of people including students, professionals, academic, teachers and industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in public speaking
More information about this role can be found in the Position Description.
Why work with us
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
We also offer a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, discounted onsite childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit our Staff Benefits page.
Applications should be submitted online, before the closing date of Sunday 17th November 2019 and include an up to date CV and cover letter.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz