Weather Product Architect
- Atlanta, GA
The Weather Channel is the world's leading cross-platform media company with a portfolio that includes The Weather Channel television network, TWC digital properties (weather.com, mobile and tablet applications) and Weather Services International (WSI). Headquartered in Cobb County since 1982, The Weather Channel brand has connected millions of consumers by providing the most accurate weather forecasts, 24 hours a day. Seen in more than 100 million U.S. households, The Weather Channel network is one of the most widely-distributed cable networks. The Weather Channel online properties reach 60 million unique Web consumers each month. This includes 32 million consumers monthly through weather.com on mobile Web and mobile apps. TWC has the No.1 app on all smartphones and is the second most used app on all smartphones. WSI provides business-to-business weather services to media, aviation, marine and energy sectors.
The Weather Product Architect is responsible for planning, developing, building, and implementing industry-leading weather graphics to significantly improve weather presentation on the network as a whole. Work hand in hand with the graphic design team incorporating new and innovative concepts and designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Conceive and develop weather presentation concepts for new live programing shows. This requires creative ways to visually present weather combining television presentation technology and TruVu MAX weather systems.
· Build specialized TruVu MAX content for weather packages and sponsorships.
· Build original daily meteorological content for live programming.
· Develop TruVu MAX scene/graphic templates for weather producers to update daily for live programming.
- Lead the development of new never before seen methods for conveying the weather to viewers
· Provide a significant increase in the number of tools available to tell national, local or close-up weather stories during different seasons.
· Ensure new products and tools are properly used by weather producers and on-camera meteorologists during live programming.
· Intergrate new features delivered by WSI software upgrades into easy to use on-air products.
. Provide solutions for improving weather producers and on-camera meteorologists daily workflows while using TruVu MAX.
· Write requirements and user stories for new exclusive TruVu MAX features developed by WSI to help convey and track weather stories in new un-imaginable ways.
· Responsible for assisting in operational testing with new TruVu MAX software releases from WSI.
· Provide expert support for weather producers and on-camera meteorologists using TruVu Max during normal day to day use, as well as breaking weather events.
· Troubleshoot TruVu MAX weather graphics.
· Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, design, or a related field.
. 5 years experience in Television or fast-paced media environement.
. 3 years experience using WSI's TruVu Max weather systems
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of WSI's TruVu Max weather systems.
· Additional experience with and knowledge of VizWeather and Gibson Ridge platforms a plus.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, involving cross-functional teams, in an efficient manner.
· Exhibits creative problem solving skills and unique resourcefulness in order to complete tasks
· Quickly learns and applies new technologies.
· Customer focused, innovative, and self-motivated.
· Receives feedback constructively and incorporates that feedback into work products and performance.
· Good multi-tasking and trouble-shooting skills.
· Displays strong collaborative skills and works effectively through conflict.
· Maintains high standards for product, performance, and ethics.
· Effectively contributes to team goals within a highly interactive, and at times, stressful environment.
. Dependable and flexible in a 24x7 operational environment
. Experience using Photoshop, AfterEffects, and 3D modeling software is a plus.