Senior Systems Engineer
- Miamisburg, OH
Thinkpath Engineering Services (TES) has been a global leader in Engineering and Design Services for over three decades. TES provides fully integrated, customized solutions in Engineering/ Design, Technical Publishing/Documentation and On-Site Engineering Support and Recruiting Services.
Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, TES has offices in Columbus, Indiana, Tampa, Florida, South Plainfield, New Jersey, and Toronto, Ontario. Capabilities include engineering support (on and offsite), CAD services, contract/directtechnical recruitment, technical publications, training and e-learning solutions, power/air pollution control and material handling systems.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer to immediately fill a position with a leader in the design, manufacture and supply of specialty memory and storage solutions. This position is located in the Tewksbury, MA area.
- Design and conduct experimentation to enhance understanding of flash memory devices and controllers.
- Assume responsibility to identify root-cause of technical problems at the design, test, and customer levels. Work with personnel and suppliers to develop and drive solutions
- Design and develop testing applications to demonstrate the performance, feature set, reliability and endurance of products
- Utilize debugging aids, such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and bus analyzers, to diagnose low-level interactions between Embedded Flash products and host software
- Expand upon knowledge of industry standard storage protocols, particularly SATA/ATA, PCIe/PCI, CF, and USB. Contribute to internal documentation library
- Provide additional support for design, test, and customer support teams as required
- 5+ years exposure to software, hardware, and systems design. Proficient with one or more software development technologies and one or more hardware development technologies
- Experience with systems using integrated hardware and software. Knowledge of flash memory controller and NAND flash memory products is a distinct advantage
- Highly proficient with bus/logic analyzers and oscilloscopes. Experience with multiple communications protocols. Experience with storage protocols (PCIe, NVMe, AHCI, SATA/ATA, and USB) is required.
- Must be self-starter, able to independently research and quickly understand new technologies. Must be familiar with design of experiments and statistical analysis of data. Must possess a highly disciplined approach to problem solving. Able to work independently or in small groups on concurrent projects in a dynamic and result-driven environment
- Superior communication skills in both spoken and written forms. Established record of publication (external and/or internal). Experience effectively interfacing with remote teams
- Proficiency with both Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems. Experience with RTOS desired
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science required. Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to travel (less than 20%)