- San Francisco, CA
Tides is a values-based, social change platform that leverages individual and institutional leadership and investment to positively impact local and global communities. Tides pursues multiple, related strategies to promote this mission. From green nonprofit centers to programmatic consulting, donor advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants management to risk management and more, Tides gives members of the nonprofit and philanthropic community freedom to focus on the change it wants to see. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
As part of the client services team, the Client Specialist will partner with Advisors and other colleagues to provide exceptional client and operations support. The Client Specialist will work closely with Advisors to facilitate client services activities in the following areas: grant recommendations, grantee reporting, administrative and systems support for clients requiring financial services, research and analysis on a variety of issue areas, drafting of reports, board and other event support. In addition, the Client Specialist will support fiscal sponsorship activities in the following areas: facilitate all client needs, including core services to projects in areas of finance, compliance, human resources, administration and project management. The successful candidate will work as part of an overall client services team providing the programmatic and administrative client service strategy for all clients.
The Client Specialist is a non-exempt position. Non-exempt employees work a standard 40 hour work week. Time worked beyond 40 hours at manager’s discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide basic client service activity, including the development of expertise in Tides processes and project needs, challenges, , fund administration, grants processing and reporting
- Complete projects as assigned within the department’s portfolio of work, ensuring high quality service delivery
- Provide and seek appropriate support from other members of the client services, grants management, human resources, finance and other teams within Tides
- Assist with the entire grants cycle including processing/review of grants, communication with clients and grantees and entering data into the grants management database
- Coordinate and perform administrative tasks, including correspondence, responding to requests for information, scheduling internal and external meetings and events, and coordinating conference room and meeting accommodations
- Support contract development/planning for clients in close coordination with the Advisors
- Collaborate on proposal development and reporting cycles for funds supported by clients, including re-granting activities and other projects managed by the team
- Coordinate the orientation of new clients in partnership with the team, including help with Tides Partners’ online grantmaking system
- Support team meeting documentation and planning, as needed; provide weekly metric reports to management team
- Develop expertise in nonprofit compliance, rules and regulations; works closely with manager to identify opportunities for learning and development
- Assist with data integrity, maintenance of team information and queue management in database
- Route Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), contracts & agreements for signatures
- Plan, document, and follow up on all aspects of internal/external meetings in close coordination with the Advisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; ability to strive for high level of satisfaction
- Strong ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Demonstrates ability to engage in a direct and truthful manner; ability to present accurate and appropriate information
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
- Demonstrates ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in working relationships and all work related duties
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and project management skills and experience, including the ability to plan and manage projects both independently and with colleagues
- Proven organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet tight, sometimes simultaneous, deadlines with a keen ability to prioritize and partner with others to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work as a strong, contributing member of a team to deliver client services in a clear, efficient, collegial manner
- Strong research and writing skills, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, copy editing and proofreading
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of related work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a similar position
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING TO SUPPORT TIDES AND WHY YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS JOB. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.