- New York, NY or San Francisco, CA, United States
Tiedemann Advisors is a top-ranked, independent wealth advisory firm with nine offices across the U.S. and an emerging presence in Europe. For more than 20 years, we have been at the forefront of adopting new wealth management practices and providing comprehensive wealth services including investment management, wealth and estate planning, education and governance and trust administration. Our firm is one of the largest Impact Investing firms in the industry working with clients to invest in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible way. Our Trust Company is based in Delaware, a highly advantageous state with progressive trust laws. We oversee $25 billion in assets for high-net-worth individuals and families, family offices, foundations, endowments, and trusts, with the mission to help our clients accomplish what matters most to them.
We believe our success as a firm is a testament to the excellence of our team. We bring our best thinking to our clients through collaborating and building teams across offices. At Tiedemann, our values of Integrity, Excellence, Diversity and Inclusion, Permanence and Shared Learning guide everything we do, and our vision of partnership and client service is proudly a matter of principle.
To learn more visit tiedemannadvisors.com.
We are looking for an Associate to join our Investment Team. The Associate will serve as an integral part of the Investment Team and will assist in the due diligence of current and proposed investments. This role will work to emphasize the evaluation of impact investments which are values-aligned, ESG integrated, thematic, and catalytic in nature. The Investment Associate will also work closely with the Head of Research on a variety of risk, exposure, and impact reporting related projects to track active investments.
- Complete financial and impact related due diligence of existing and proposed investments; including market-based solutions to climate change that can lead to meaningful deep decarbonization strategies and equity solutions that lead to more inclusive prosperity and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of manager attribution, decision-making, and impact in alignment with social and environmental megatrends (e.g., climate change, regenerative agriculture, social justice, racial equity, affordable housing, the creative economy)
- Collaborate with other members of the Investment Team on a variety of projects related to asset allocation, manager selection, shareholder engagement, risk management and annual impact reporting
- Attend manager meetings and Conferences – build network of prospective fund managers, thought leaders, and peers both within the US and globally
- Develop thought leadership across various impact topics (nature-based carbon and agriculture, climate resilient infrastructure, clean energy, digital assets, stakeholder capitalism, community banking, alternative ownership, systems change)
- Track and contribute to industry standards including impact management and measurement methodologies and frameworks (UN Principles for Responsible Investing, GIIN’s IRIS+, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Impact Management Project, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on economics, finance, business, or related areas
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to analyze financial/investment-related data in Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Impact investment or related experience preferred
Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural, and experiential backgrounds.