Senior Legal Counsel - German Speaking
- Saint Julian's, Malta
Established in 2004, Tipico is the leading sports betting company in the German market. Headquartered at the Portomaso Business Tower in Saint Julians, Malta, Tipico offers a wide range of pre-live and live sports betting products delivered through cutting-edge mobile and online channels as well as through a top-class portfolio of approximately 1000 retail outlets predominantly in Germany. Tipico also offers a wide range of online Casino and table games.
Tipico’s growth has always been incredibly strong and shows no sign of slowing in its core market and in new markets which it is opening. Today over 5000 people work in Tipico shops and the company is some 200 strong in Malta with additional teams in Germany, Gibraltar, Croatia and Colombia.
Tipico’s highly experienced and dedicated staff, its strength in software development, pervasive marketing strategy and world renowned brand ambassadors prove to be a winning combination when it comes to servicing our customers and keeping Tipico as the number one sports betting company in Germany.
As a Senior Legal Counsel you will be a part of our Legal department and will support the Commercial team in all areas of legal consulting.
• Taking responsibility for a wide range of legal matters (e.g. commercial, online, e-commerce law as well as general civil law and law)
• Drafting and negotiation of complex license, distribution, marketing and cooperation agree-ments with national and international partners
• Review and negotiate Partner Agreements with our Franchisees
• Planning and controlling internal and external coordination processes and actively supporting the know-how transfer
• Managing and handling a variety of projects, e.g. launching and structuring of innovative business models and technologies
• Collaborate and manage the working relationship with external lawyers, consultants and pub-lic entities
• Address legal requirements and recommendations based on national and international legisla-tion, including Licensing Regulations of current and future markets
• Ad-hoc support in various projects where legal support is needed
• German qualified lawyer or qualified lawyer in another European country
• German native speaker with English to a business standard is a must
• 5 years+ experience in-house or with a major law firm (in an international, dynamic environment), ideally in the gambling industry
• Expertise in the areas of commercial, online and administrative law
• Affinity with technical systems and their regulation
• Ability to think creatively in setting up contract concepts for launching new business models
• Delivering high standard results in a fast-paced working environment independently but also in a team
• Strong capacity to provide innovative and business legal advice
• Using an interdisciplinary approach
• Knowledge of Corporate, Tax or Intellectual Property law are an advantage