- Saint Julian's, Malta
Established in 2004, Tipico is the leading sports betting company in the German market. Headquartered at the Portomaso Business Tower in Saint Julians, Malta, Tipico offers a wide range of pre-live and live sports betting products delivered through cutting-edge mobile and online channels as well as through a top-class portfolio of approximately 1000 retail outlets predominantly in Germany. Tipico also offers a wide range of online Casino and table games.
Tipico’s growth has always been incredibly strong and shows no sign of slowing in its core market and in new markets which it is opening. Today over 5000 people work in Tipico shops and the company is some 200 strong in Malta with additional teams in Germany, Gibraltar, Croatia and Colombia.
Tipico’s highly experienced and dedicated staff, its strength in software development, pervasive marketing strategy and world renowned brand ambassadors prove to be a winning combination when it comes to servicing our customers and keeping Tipico as the number one sports betting company in Germany.
• Prepare audit file and assist in the statutory audit process.
• Record, classify and summarise financial transactions and expenditure in accordance with accounting principles.
• Prepare monthly VAT returns and LGA specific reporting; prepare betting taxes reports.
• Maintain and reconcile the general ledger. Prepare working documentation as necessary to support entries.
• Establish and maintain supplier accounts. Monitor customer accounts for any provisions.
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements on frequency base on required by financial accountant.
• Perform day to day accounting tasks including invoice processing, journal and bank postings, bank reconciliations, etc.
• Provide assistance to financial and management accountants on ad hoc queries, tasks, etc.
• Monitor cash reserves and investments.
• Ideally in the early stages of reading for ACCA or a similar tertiary qualification.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field.
• Good attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to work to prioritise and to work on own initiative.
• Able to multi task and in possession of sound problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
The Tipico Finance team plans, organises, leads and monitors the financial and accounting affairs of Tipico group in Malta. The main areas covered by the finance department include the management of the retail franchisee financial operations, bookkeeping and accounting, provision of financial information, budgetary control and cash.