Fraud and Payments Analyst - German speaking
- Saint Julian's, Malta
Established in 2004, Tipico is the leading sports betting company in the German market. Headquartered at the Portomaso Business Tower in Saint Julians, Malta, Tipico offers a wide range of pre-live and live sports betting products delivered through cutting-edge mobile and online channels as well as through a top-class portfolio of approximately 1000 retail outlets predominantly in Germany. Tipico also offers a wide range of online Casino and table games.
Tipico’s growth has always been incredibly strong and shows no sign of slowing in its core market and in new markets which it is opening. Today over 5000 people work in Tipico shops and the company is some 200 strong in Malta with additional teams in Germany, Gibraltar, Croatia and Colombia.
Tipico’s highly experienced and dedicated staff, its strength in software development, pervasive marketing strategy and world renowned brand ambassadors prove to be a winning combination when it comes to servicing our customers and keeping Tipico as the number one sports betting company in Germany.
Daily tasks consist, but are not limited to, account reviews, payment authorisations, transaction investigations and liaising with customer support, and third parties.
- Monitor account registrations, deposits and withdrawals.
- Review and verify customer documents for authenticity.
- Carry out high profile fraud prevention reviews.
- Evaluate fraud risk and take appropriate action by using experience and judgement on potentially fraudulent activity.
- Review financial and player activity with the aim of minimising the financial risk to the business.
- Recognise subtle patterns of fraudulent activity and communicate them to the team.
- Analyse and process payments accurately and in a timely manner via different payment methods offered.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to money transfers, including reconciliation of transactions.
- Liaise with various payment providers and work closely with internal teams.
- Strictly follow procedures, as well as actively contribute to process improvements.
- Assist Customer Support with resolving account management related queries.
- AML knowledge.
- At least 1 year experience in an online fraud related role.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards.
- Fluency in spoken and written German is required.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and to be a team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Flexibility to work changing shift patterns, including evenings and weekends.
Tipico Customer Operations is currently operating from two countries, Malta and Colombia with Malta being the hub. It offers support in 7 languages: German, Italian, French, Flemish, Danish, Turkish and English. Our dedicated team offers customer support via live chat, social media and e-mail, between 8am and 9pm Central European Time. The operation is supported by an Online Security team, Telesales & VIP Team, and a Customer Experience Team who are overall supported by a strong Management Team with strong industry experience.