- Vjal Portomaso, St Julian's, Malta
Established in 2004, Tipico is the leading sports betting company in the German market. Headquartered at the Portomaso Business Tower in Saint Julians, Malta, Tipico offers a wide range of pre-live and live sports betting products delivered through cutting-edge mobile and online channels as well as through a top-class portfolio of approximately 1000 retail outlets predominantly in Germany. Tipico also offers a wide range of online Casino and table games.
Tipico’s growth has always been incredibly strong and shows no sign of slowing in its core market and in new markets which it is opening. Today over 5000 people work in Tipico shops and the company is some 200 strong in Malta with additional teams in Germany, Gibraltar, Croatia and Colombia.
Tipico’s highly experienced and dedicated staff, its strength in software development, pervasive marketing strategy and world renowned brand ambassadors prove to be a winning combination when it comes to servicing our customers and keeping Tipico as the number one sports betting company in Germany.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual (preferably German speaking) who has hands on work experience in the German sportsbook. The candidate must have a passion for football and sports in general to join our international bookmaking team in Malta.
- Compiling special odds for a variety of sporting events with special focus on German football
- Data gathering for different pre match sports to enhance our sportsbook product
- Monitor and manage liability for the published markets and analysing performance
- Creating reports on various topics such as customers, betting markets and betting channels
- Investigating market trends and observe competition to obtain valuable market insight
- Assist other teams across the department with various odds related tasks
- Developing and documenting trading skills and tools to improve the sportsbook product –
- The role also includes assisting the odds compiler specialists in various tasks
- Deep understanding of the Sportsbook product
- Special interest and extensive knowledge of German top football leagues
- A degree in a quantitative subject such as Maths & Statistics would be preferable, or alternatively a degree in a related subject such as Finance or Computing would be considered an asset
- Familiar with sports betting tools such as Betradar
- Highly numerate
- Proficient with MS Office in particular Excel
- Knowledge of any statistical programs such as R is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in German will be considered an asset. Business standard English skills, both spoken and written is a must.
- Living in Malta or willing to relocate
- Working office hours (Monday-Friday) is required and flexibility to work shift work (including weekends and public holidays when needed)
The Bookmaking Department is in charge of Tipico’s core service - the sports betting offer.