- Vjal Portomaso, St Julian's, Malta
Tipico is the #1 sports betting company in Germany, both online and through our retail network.
The Data Tribe++ covers several areas and technology aimed at driving Tipico’s data strategy through the whole group. These are covered by sub teams managing their own area, from modern data platform, business intelligence and advance analytics, data Governance & GDPR, Marketing Technology, Data Science / AI and service management (Customer service tooling & Retail Tooling). This is all aimed at supporting the business in the day to day operations while also facilitating data driven decision-making and enhancing customer experience to provide value through data. The Data Team's vision is “DATA AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO” and this is something we live by. The team reports into product and technology under the Head of Data & BI which then supports the organisation's internal customers and external suppliers. This spans from Management, CRM, Acquisition, Finance, Retail, bookmaking, Customer service, Casino, Payments, Legal, digital to Compliance among others.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more areas of statistics, machine learning, deep learning, decision trees, clustering, network analysis, graph theory, regression analysis, topological data analysis
- Model and improve algorithms given a set of business cases and help implement them in production
- Evaluate model output, formulate and test hypotheses, weigh alternatives, and determine appropriate responses
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
- Perform complex ad-hoc data analysis and communicate data-stories when required.
- Ability to build and interpret probabilistic models of complex, high-dimensional systems.
- Innovate, research and develop new technology and technique to enhance our data analysis platforms.
- Experience with large scale distributed data processing frameworks like Spark
- Bring not just an analytics mind-set but be able to drive the efforts through the organization and show impact on key business initiatives
- Identify emergent trends and opportunities for future growth and development
- Requirements gathering and business problem assessment
What you offer:
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or related field is required, a Masters degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of strong knowledge of statistical modelling and data programming language (Python (pre-ferred) or R)
- Innovative, demonstrated hands on experience solving analytical problems using quantitative / scien-tific approaches
- Experience in Machine Learning and Neural Networks
- Strong knowledge of SQL scripting
- Advanced data analysis skills – e.g. Database, query construction, pivot tables
- Basic Knowledge of distributed Analytics and Streaming (Apache Spark)
- Basic Knowledge of data warehousing concepts is an asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate clearly and concisely explain problem statement and insights gained
- Experience in data visualization/Science tools such as qlikview or domo is an advantage
- It is considered an advantage to have experience in the gaming industry.
What we offer
- Agile and multicultural company with flat hierarchies
- Self-organised, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Competitive salary, Health and Dental Insurance, Performance Bonuses, Subsidised Parking, Sports incentives & Childcare
- Opportunities to develop and grow
- Relocation Assistance
- Office sea-views, social events, healthy treats, kitchen on every floor