- Saint Julian's, Malta
Established in 2004, Tipico is the leading sports betting company in the German market. Headquartered at the Portomaso Business Tower in Saint Julians, Malta, Tipico offers a wide range of pre-live and live sports betting products delivered through cutting-edge mobile and online channels as well as through a top-class portfolio of approximately 1000 retail outlets predominantly in Germany. Tipico also offers a wide range of online Casino and table games.
Tipico’s growth has always been incredibly strong and shows no sign of slowing in its core market and in new markets which it is opening. Today over 5000 people work in Tipico shops and the company is some 200 strong in Malta with additional teams in Germany, Gibraltar, Croatia and Colombia.
Tipico’s highly experienced and dedicated staff, its strength in software development, pervasive marketing strategy and world renowned brand ambassadors prove to be a winning combination when it comes to servicing our customers and keeping Tipico as the number one sports betting company in Germany.
• Demonstrate proficiency in one or more areas of statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, decision trees, clustering, network analysis, graph theory, regression analysis, topological data analysis
• Invent and improve algorithms given a set of business cases and help implement them in production
• Evaluate model output, formulate and test hypotheses, weigh alternatives, and determine appropriate responses
• Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
• Perform complex ad-hoc data analysis when required.
• Ability to build and interpret probabilistic models of complex, high-dimensional systems.
• Innovate, research and develop new technology and technique to enhance our data analysis platforms.
• Mentor team members of the Advanced Analytics CoE to develop, refine and scale expertise and best practices
• Develop, test and assist in the design of the reporting / dashboard applications
• Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to Tipico users
• Experience with large scale distributed data processing frameworks like Hadoop and Spark
• Bring not just an analytics mind-set but be able to drive the efforts through the organization and show impact on key business initiatives
• Identify emergent trends and opportunities for future growth and development
• Requirements gathering and business problem assessment
• Occasionally travels to Germany
• Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or related field is required, a Masters degree is preferred.
• 5+ years of strong knowledge of statistical modelling(R,SAS etc.) and proficient in technical & engineering skills(Python/JAVA/C/C++ etc.)
• Innovative, demonstrated hands on experience solving analytical problems using quantitative / scientific approaches
• Ability and experience dealing with varied data sets (large and small)
• Strong knowledge of SQL scripting and Excel
• Advanced data analysis skills – e.g. Database, query construction, pivot tables
• Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures.
• Strong communication skills and ability to articulate clearly and concisely explain problem statement and insights gained
• Experience in data visualization/Science tools such as qlikview , talend or R is an advantage
• It is considered an advantage to have experience in the igaming industry.
The team will implement and maintain a company-wide data warehouse environment to provide data intelligence to facilitate the company to become more data driven. The team will build up a data warehouse environment to facilitate automation, reporting and carry out data analysis. The team reports into the Business Intelligence Analytics Manager and our internal customers will be any department requesting data such as Marketing, Finance, Sportsbook, Payments, Legal etc...