Office Manager/Personal Assistant
- Edmonton, Canada
Titan Alarm is an alarm security company in Edmonton, Alberta. We have an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager/Personal Assistant for the Edmonton office. This position will involve extensive administrative responsibilities and will be in a fast paced environment. It will involve frequent interactions with sales representatives and technicians and will require an individual with an outgoing and friendly personality. It will also require a person with excellent organizational skills who will communicate regularly with the corporate office. This position may involve the supervising of other administrative staff members.
The responsibilities associated with this position will include but not be limited to the following:
The company operates on an on season and off season basis. The responsibilities associated with this position vary depending upon whether the timing is on season or off season.
- Provide supervisory and managerial oversight for administrative support staff in the Edmonton office. This shall include but not be limited to dividing the administrative work in the office and maintaining responsibility for the work of the other administrative staff members.
- Provide administrative support staff to the President of Sales and to the Vice President of Sales Operations during the off season.
- Provide extensive assistance with the arrangement of travel accommodations for the company with a view toward maximizing cost efficiency.
- Responsible for playing a key role in event planning including but not limited to recruiting events, year end parties and other events as required.
- Responsible for insuring the telephone calls to the office are properly answered and responded to during regular business hours as well as regularly and consistently checking voicemails.
- Responsible for assisting the President of the company with certain personal matters as needed including but not limited to assisting with personal banking and assisting with the management of his rental properties as directed.
- Other responsibilities reasonably associated with this position.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have a minimum of one year experience supervising others
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of administrative experience
- Must have excellent computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite of Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work well in a high pressure work environment.
- Must have a High School degree and some college completed.
We offer competitive compensation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.