- Edmonton, Canada
Titan Alarm is one of the largest Alarm security dealers in the Canadian provinces. We sell and install state-of-the-art wireless security systems for homes and businesses and we offer an array of technologically advanced products to enhance the security of our customers. Our mission is saving lives. We incorporate this mission into every facet of our business including the establishment of an unparalleled support team to sustain our sales force. The company is committed to remaining on the cutting edge of innovation to insure that the organization not only maintains is competitive advantage, but more importantly so that our customers will have the ultimate in security protection.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Clerk for our Edmonton location. The Warehouse Clerk makes major contributions to the success of Titan Alarm by assisting the Warehouse Manager with the company's shipping, receiving and inventory duties. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to bring their talents to an emerging organization with excellent growth opportunities!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in equipment and distributing equipment and tools to technicians.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Unpacks goods received.
- Makes personal deliveries of equipment to sales offices in company vehicle.
- Prepares and packages customer orders.
- Responsible for opening bales, crates, pallets and other containers.
- Assists in counting of physical inventory and tracking via Excel.
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping the warehouse.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2-5 years of experience in a high pace warehouse, shipping and receiving environment
- Must have a clean driving record in order to drive a company vehicle for deliveries.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Must be able to work all shifts and overtime as required by the needs of the business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and write in the English Language
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 23 kg (50lbs) constantly
- Must be able to push/pull up to 45 kg (100 lbs) frequently
- Must be able to perform constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting, reaching and grasping
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Salary: Depends on Experience
Schedule: Full Time, applicant should expect weekends and overtime during the company's busy summer season.
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible