Cashier - Part Time
- Meridian Charter Township, MI
Tom's Food Center is a leading independent Supermarket operator. We strive to give our customers our best ever day and we're always looking for outgoing, friendly, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Accountabilities To operate a cash register and checkstand to provide the store's customers with the most accurate and efficient check-out service possible. May perform bagging and stocking duties to ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
* Operate cash register, display cost of customer purchase, make change, cash checks, and issue receipt.
* When necessary, bag customer purchases in a fast and efficient manner in compliance with company standards.
* Knowledgeable of product locations in the store in order to be able to assist customers.
* Know the Ad items, special prices, coupon deals or other features that apply to the store's sales program.
* Knowledgeable and capable of implementing all related security and cash drawer accounting procedures.
* Keep management informed of problems with pricing (not on files), cash registers or scales.
* Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
* Maintain a clean, attractive and customer-friendly department.
· Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
· Basic mathematical skills
· Suggestive selling and knowledge of products
· Detail oriented
· Quality of work
· Action orientated
· Time management