Senior Business/Functional Consultant (Retail Industry)
- Columbus, OH
TradeStone is the market leader in providing Merchandise Lifecycle Management software technology for retailers and brand manufacturers.
Retailing is driven by inspiration, whether it is Private Brand, Global Brand, or Store Brand. At TradeStone we're just as inspired to design and deliver the tools that help retailers and their suppliers turn their inspirations into brands people love.
Building a great brand is about delivering consistent quality using responsible and ethical business practices. It's about bringing together collections of merchandise from around the world at the right place and time. It's about communication, collaboration, and coordination. In short, it's about turning inspiration into reality. Quickly. Efficiently. Profitably.
That's our vision, but more than that, that's who we are. Our company is made up of people inspired by the challenges that face today's retailers, brand manufacturers and suppliers.
We are looking for talented people who are creative, passionate about retail and brands, and results-driven to join our team.
The Senior Functional/Business Consultant will be responsible for the delivery of a project that meets defined criteria for scope, cost, time, and quality. The role has responsibility from the conceptualization of the project until the final deliverable has been received and accepted by the customer.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide TradeStone software expertise to customers and implementation partners.
- Responsible for defining assumptions and requirements, project scoping, and managing customer relations throughout the entirety of the project.
- Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization to make recommendations which will assist teams so that projects can be delivered on time and within budget.
- Anticipate problems and recommend innovative solutions.
- Proactively manage expectations with colleagues, users, clients and partners.
- Prepare for and conduct conference room design sessions for customers demonstrating the capabilities of the TradeStone Merchandise Lifecycle Management suite.
- Configure TradeStone software to support the customer’s business processes.
- Evaluate customer requests for product enhancements; work with the product team to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current systems and retail industry best practices.
- Prepare process, installation, operating procedure and user/trainer training documentation.
- Delivery of end user and train-the-trainer training sessions.
- Maintain strategic relationships with Customer IT management teams to provide guidance on Industry trends, and to guide them on Retail Industry's best practices.
- Accurate and timely project reporting (status, dashboard, financials).
- Accurate and timely administrative reporting (time, forecasts).
- Track and maintain required billability % and proactively address issues with reporting manager.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree
- 4+ years Implementation experience within the supply chain, PLM, or GTM arena
- Retail / consumer products experience (business or information technology)
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Coach, mentor and train junior team members
- Project Management expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Self-starter, flexible, and have the ability to work with varying levels of management
- Ability to travel up to four days/week
- Position can be located remotel