Backend Engineer - App Platform
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About the Apps Platform Team
Our team provides components & tools to allow every company in the world to easily interact with and build upon Tradeshift, creating additional economic opportunity for many. We design, implement and extend platform-level functionality for strategic and repeating needs, maintaining coherence across the entire platform, and re-engineering to improve effectiveness. We love the scale and impact of what we are doing, and look to bring the best value to our users. In Bucharest, we plan on growing our team that works on the core workflow engine - the heart of all products running on the platform, and on the Universal Inbox - the front and center collaboration application on the Tradeshift platform.
We are looking for a talented Java Back-End Engineer interested in working with the latest tech, willing to experience hyper-growth in Tradeshift and the challenges coming with this. You will be responsible for implementing business-critical features used across the platform, working with the global Tradeshift product and engineering teams.
- Work in a core platform team, in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Implement services that are highly-available and reliable, building features to enable new Tradeshift products and improving existing products
- Participate in the entire development cycle from requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- 2+ years of professional experience with Java and application frameworks such as Spring or Java EE
- Familiarity with software design patterns (IoC, DI, MVC, etc)
- Experience with web programming concepts such as REST and the HTTP protocol
- SQL database skills (Postgresql, SQL Server or similar)
- Experience working Linux / Unix operating systems
- Familiarity with virtualization / container technologies like Docker
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Fluent in English
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.