DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure
- Bucharest, Romania
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
We are looking for an outstanding DevOps Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; this role will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
- Building and implementing new tools and automation to solve problems
- Identifying and removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Utilizing Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Using Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Administration of relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak, Cassandra) - including High Availability and Disaster Recovery plans
- Identifying and removing databases performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Improving platform security implementations
- Building and implementing improved monitoring dashboards
- Expanding our platform footprint while managing costs across AWS regions
- Building pipelines based in Jenkins or other CI system
- Work with Kubernetes clusters in AWS cloud
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Linux based environment
- At least 2 years experience in using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Mandatory experience with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch, Cassandra or Riak
- Very familiar with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- At least 2 years working with cloud providers. AWS services including but not limited to: EC2, S3, Cloudfront, EBS, SQS are preferred
- Experience working with containerization solutions like Docker
- Familiar with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Familiar with Kubernetes deployment tools like Helm
- Experience in operation and automation of a CI/CD pipeline
- Communication skills especially with diverse groups of global team members including other software engineers, as well as managers and executives.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or Math, or equivalent work experience
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.