Senior Software Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
- Building software to solve big problems and designing solutions with cutting edge technology
- Working with customers to gain insight into the world’s largest supply chains and working on projects to digitize and provide transparency and traceability across the supply chain.
- Acting as a thought leader in developing solutions, from prototyping and high-level system design to application development
- Evangelizing Tradeshift’s Platform both internally and with customers
- You are a developer excited to use technology to solve big problems with at least 5 years of experience in a technical environment
- Have a need to find the right solution but don't get bogged down looking for technical perfection
- Experienced enough to quickly estimate the level of work required for a system change or project
- A dislike grammatical errors on a personal level
- Enjoy talking to customers to understand their needs, and you also enjoy writing code
- You can translate sales pitches to system implementations and vice versa
- You enjoy the challenge of solving an abstract problem and adopting or building the technology to do it
- Good communication skills: To be successful you’ll need to work together with many engineers across teams and offices
- Strong learner: You will need to pick up on how the platform works fast, encompassing many technologies and business areas, from the front-end to the back-end
- An appetite for adventure: Working across countries to kick off new product areas and operational platforms will require you to think out of the box and address unforeseen challenges as they come up
- Experience with cloud-based architectures as well as build and deployment models
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and database architecture
- Experience designing and developing web services and infrastructure
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity
- Demonstrated results in leading technical design efforts
- Integration experience
- There is no perfect candidate -- if you are interested, please apply. You might be surprised.
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- Ambitious international startup & agile tech environment
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Fully paid mobile phone plan
- Flexible hours
- 50% of commuter subscription paid for
- Lunch provided daily from local restaurants
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.