Frontend Engineer, Apps Team
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Apps Team:
There's no single answer for a company aiming to consolidate and digitize their supply chain. With Tradeshift, individual pluggable applications work together to cover the different aspects of a business such as procurement, supplier risk, sustainability, finance, etc. These widely varied apps support different business needs and build on a strong integrated core that enables supplier connectivity and collaboration between and inside of companies, all in real time. Apps can also provide external connectivity and integration with a company’s existing systems and programs which greatly accelerates solution deployment. Best of all, the platform can leverage what is unique about a business to provide a significant and sustainable competitive advantage. We believe that for something as critical as a company's supply chain, industry standard practices are just not good enough. Tradeshift’s App Platform takes what is unique about a company’s supply chain and turns it into a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Build beautiful, robust, cross-device compatible UI and features, and ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use, collaborating with the team in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Be involved in taking a product from concept to release, and assume responsibility for the success of the product
- Engage in discussions about and contribute solutions towards making both incremental and drastic changes in our frontend framework
- Write high-quality, tested, peer-reviewed code
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience developing new user-facing features using React and Redux
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Fluent in English
The items below would nice to have, but not required!
- Experience with client-side build tools such as Webpack or Rollup.js
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks (e.g. Cypress.io, Selenium)
- Experience with Angular, Node.js, socket.io
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic understanding of PWA (Progressive Web Apps)
- Experience with AWS services (Api Gateway, Lambda Functions, S3 etc.)
- Experience contributing to open source projects and building side projects in your own time
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.