Director of Corporate Development
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Business Operations
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
The corporate finance team is part of the overall Finance & Accounting organization with responsibility for M&A, FP&A, fundraising, working with the board of directors and shareholders, and so on. We are key in driving our global growth by identifying strategic opportunities across existing and future markets – and then working to make them happen. We support and challenge the organization’s strategic thinking and execution by applying strategic, financial and transactional skills. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders across the business and are looking to keep expanding our team as we become a world-class finance organization.
Tradeshift is a rapidly growing organization with a lot of opportunities within the corporate finance organization. We are seeking a sophisticated and driven Corporate Development / M&A and strategy executive to join us as the Director of Corporate Development. The successful candidate will have an M&A or investment banking background combined with experience from the SaaS space. The candidate will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you will work collaboratively across functions to identify, evaluate and navigate some of our most mission critical strategic initiatives. You will work closely with the VP of Corporate Finance and the rest of the executive team.
- Lead complex M&A, investment and strategic projects. Be the expert in all facets of M&A, including financing, negotiations, execution and so on.
- Work across departments to establish investment and M&A opportunities for the various revenue lines of the company.
- Facilitate and drive sound, data driven decision making, including at the highest level within the organization. We expect you to drive towards outcomes that are in the company’s best interest, including arguing against bad deals, and to always keep focus on the end goal.
- Develop strong relationships with the Tradeshift leadership team in order to function as a trusted voice on strategic decisions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the finance and technology communities, including VCs, bankers, etc.
- Ten or more years of work experience with the majority spent within M&A or investment banking environment. Experience from the enterprise SaaS space a strong, strong plus.
- Strong business analyst with a track record of finding and building business cases for new growth opportunities and investments.
- Ability to apply sophisticated and effective financial and analytical frameworks.
- Proven excellence in all areas of strategy development, including project management, problem-solving, executive communication and consensus building.
- Ability to filter out noise to focus on the long-term strategic goals.
- Proven ability to lead and strong potential as a future leader.
- Must be able to be highly efficient in an unstructured, fast-paced and team oriented environment.
- Experience from running projects across multiple countries and timezones required
- Experience within a high growth technology company a plus.
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.