Frontend Engineer - Document Digitalisation
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Do you want to make a direct impact on the experience of customers?
As a Frontend Developer on Pay Team, you will build an intuitive and comprehensive frontend that allows Sellers to provide goods and services through Tradeshift network. We maintain and expand apps and services that enable our customers to enroll larger volumes of invoices in electronic format, in order for them to obtain a higher degree of digitalization and discounts options.
We care about our customers. You will have a focus on craftsmanship, with an emphasis on usability and great user experience. High performance and responsive UI are part of your default mindset. You will be working on building the next generation apps for creating and viewing documents as well as bringing direct value to all of our users. We care about our people. You will have a manager and a team helping you grow, amazing company culture and perks. More on that later!
What a day is like:
Your typical day will be a mix of fully concentrating on delivering high quality coding with insightful discussions with UX specialists, Backend Engineers, Product Managers and fellow Frontend Engineers. You will be working on replacing legacy apps with new, React based apps. Our architecture is built on microservices, and you will have direct contact with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS and modern software development practices.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You are passionate about the impact of your work, are excited to learn new technologies, and are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, and are proud to own the quality of your deliverables. Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc, is a plus.
You also have:
- 3+ years of professional experience with React
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Groovy, Grails is a plus
- Can write high quality code and unit tests
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!