Senior Backend Engineer, Tradeshift Go
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
On the Go team, you’ll be working with a group of engineers and product specialists that are fast moving and tasked with building the foundations for great financing apps and prototyping simple user experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to build software that makes lending solutions more collaborative and useful for large number of buyers and sellers on our network. Engineers on the financial services team influence business-to-business payments, introduce entirely new banking models, enable smoother global commerce by removing complexities involved in the cross border transactions, and deliver pivotal software infrastructure to enable these concepts. Our focus is making financing accessible to businesses.
- Design/Launch Financial Services, building APIs via micro services and tools
- Develop high quality code while articulating your designs, decisions within team and engineering as a whole
- Adapt to fast pace business by shipping products on time that affect bottomline
- Collaborate within and other teams of Tradeshift engineering globally
- Leverage technologies/frameworks like Spring, Postgres, Redis, Akka and AWS platform services
- Work on projects in Java and/or Scala
- Independently operate with minimal oversight
- 5+ years of practical experience in a technical environment
- Software development experience Java (Spring, Hibernate) and Scala
- Experience in distributed software engineering including but not limited to Akka
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting complex operational problems involving more than one AWS availability zones
- Skills in working with data persistence (schema design, optimization) in all forms (relational, noSQL, in-memory, COLUMNAR, etc.)
- Understanding of developer pipeline (CI/CD, automated testing techniques, automated configuration management, etc.)
- MS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with event-sourced services and architectures in the financial industry
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.