Java/XSLT Backend Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
The Xchange product is responsible for connecting businesses no matter their sizes. We handle integration needs such as transformations, reliable communication channels, protocol translations and audit for our clients. We route securely documents of big enterprises with more than 200k employees, but also of small businesses, enabling electronic business - globally.
- Work in a development team with senior engineers, in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work with business people to define and improve existing integration experiences
- Participate in the entire development cycle from requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve the existing code basis
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code, 1/2 Java and 1/2 XSLT on our backend services and on our PDF transformation engine
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience with Java
- Experience XSLT / XPath 2.0
- Familiarity with HTTP, Web Services, JSF
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Eager to learn more and grow your skills
- Fluent in English
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Interest on Java EE frameworks: EJB, CDI, JPA, JMS and Google Guice
- Curiosity towards XSL Formatting Objects - Apache FOP
- Is a plus if you have knowledge of Integration Patterns and libraries such as Apache Camel
- Interest in BPM engines, message queues systems and relational databases
- Familiarity with software design patterns (IoC, DI, MVC, etc)
- Familiarity with virtualization / container technologies like Docker
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.