Senior Java Backend Engineer, Documents API
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
Apps Platform - Documents API
Our team provides components & tools to allow every company in the world to easily interact with and build upon Tradeshift, creating additional economic opportunity for many. We design, implement and extend platform-level functionality for strategic and repeating needs, maintaining coherence across the entire platform, and re-engineering to improve effectiveness. We love the scale and impact of what we are doing, and look to bring the best value to our users.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment as part of a core platform team
- Design and implement services that are highly-available and reliable
- Build features to enable the development of new Tradeshift products and improvements for existing products
- Participate in the entire development cycle, from requirements gathering and architectural design, to implementation, testing, deployment and verification
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Build reusable code, libraries and components, for future use
- Brainstorm technical alternatives on a whiteboard with your team
- Be involved in all aspects of the product development, from user story to final implementation and production support
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- 6+ years of professional experience with Java and application frameworks such as Spring or Java EE
- Relevant working experience with ElasticSearch
- Good experience working with SQL databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server or similar
- Good experience with message queue systems (HornetQ and RabbitMQ are a big plus)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like Riak or Cassandra
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with testing frameworks, writing API tests (Mockito/EasyMock, WireMock) is a plus
- Bonus points for knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience working with Linux / Unix operating systems
- Familiarity with software design patterns
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages and frameworks
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Fluent in English
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.