Sr. DevOps Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
We are looking for an outstanding DevOps Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; this role will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
Do you believe in infrastructure as code? That repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings? If so, Tradeshift is looking for a Platform Operations Engineer like you to join us in building our platform of the future.
We are experiencing a hockey stick of scale and, therefore, Tradeshift is looking for DevOps engineers to help us with keeping our platform running smoothly and efficiently.
The Tradeshift platform is hosted on AWS and composed of a number of Java applications (with a dash of node. js and Scala/Akka) using RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Riak, PostgreSQL, and Cassandra. All of our current infrastructure is highly automated with Jenkins, Rundeck, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, etc playing key roles. We need someone who wants to face scalability challenges on a global level in this type of environment and automate things as much as possible.
We work based on an agile value set and try to minimize the formal process footprint - no more than it takes for everyone to remain sane and productive. On the engineering side of things, we subscribe to continuous integration with a lot of automated testing, extending to our infrastructure related code. We also fully subscribe to automation of the build and release processes, test/behavior driven development, etc.
- Keeping the platform running
- Help engineering teams be effective
- Helping with investigations and root cause analysis often in real time
- Manage cloud provider operations cost
- Be part of on-call duties for maintaining the platform
We are looking for people with skills in a non-insignificant number of the below areas:
- Deep experience working in Linux based environments
- Experience developing, releasing and iterating on distributed applications
- Hashicorp technologies - Terraform, Vagrant, Consul, and Vault
- Experience with configuration management technologies: Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Docker and Docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes and Helm
- AWS services including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Datastores such as PostgreSQL, Riak, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- CI/CD pipeline operation and automation
- Designing architecture aiming horizontally scalable microservices
- Cloud Design Patterns and Cloud Cost Models
- Building, deploying and operating distributed SaaS software
- Able to coordinate with diverse globally distributed teams
- PCI DSS experience
- Credit card software
A sample of what you’ll be working on in the first six months:
- Identifying and removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Improving platform security implementations
- Building and implementing new tools and automation to solve problems
- Expanding our platform footprint as we roll out into additional regions
- Working with other engineering teams to increase reliability and availability
- PCI DSS
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.